Tuesday 22 February 2011

LONDON FASHION WEEK 2011 Day 3

Phewie! It's as if A/W '11 has fallen into a packet of Fizz Wiz popping candy. It's so SPARKY. 
Day 3 HAS to be my favourite so far. Today I'm thinking what I could WEAR. Actually step out of my front door and give it some ass shake down that street, homie. Past the flirtatious Italians in the Cafe. "Si Amigo, I'm working this, Gawd Daaaymn!" Yeah, you look, you stare, Luigi...whatever your name is. I'm straight off the runway and I'm SO NOW. 
Or maybe not. But I'd like to think that designers can create for the humble citizen, the observer - not follower - of fashion. Day 3: you have provided. 




Viv, you were, as usual, a dream. Her Red Label had it all. Signature tartan, beautifully cut ruche dresses, & land-girl utility. I would wear it all. Out. Right now. Pret à porter. Luigi, put my panini on the grill man.




Osman was stunning. Elegant, long, skimming gowns but so very contemporary. I heart this catwalk, the blue SMEEEAAR. Edgy. And that pink?? Get me my cheque book. It's hurting me. Give me. GIVE IT TO ME. (please) (for free)




Not normally my first choice, but Matthew Williamson was SMOKIN' LIKE A STOVE this season. Coats especially. And this flapper-esque blue dipped dress. Well. Matthew. You can come again.




Mulberry upped its game as well. Personally, I love floor-length. And this is definitely how to do it for Autumn/Winter. 


A small offering from Margaret Howell. Tapped into period minimalism. 'Brief Encounter' meets an archeological dig in 1940s Egypt. Done and done.


Love this Ann-Sofie Back Atelje dress. Shower chic.



 
A bit more lavish and late-night, Temperley London always is the place to look for wearable evening or cocktail looks. Alice Temperley is a waft of high-brow, highly feminine glamour. It was all very Valentino, and that is a very good thing.

1 comment:

  1. Greetings from Finland. This blog is fun to explore, through other countries, people, culture and nature. Come see Teuvo pictures on my blog. And tell all your friends, why should he go Teuvo pictures on my blog. That is why you get your country's flag to rise above the pictures to Teuvon images blog flag collection, a lovely end of February, Teuvo Vehkalahti Finland

    ReplyDelete