Sunday 17 October 2010

Spa days

I am one lucky lady. Friday was a mega day. I was treated by my boyfriend to an afternoon of luxury at the Agua Spa in the Sanderson Hotel. 
A full-body massage & Eve lom facial later, and I feel sublime. 
Both treatments evocatively saunter towards the 'no pain no gain' side of beauty, but who cares when the results are this good. 
I feel like a new-born lamb.


Damien Hirst, Away From The Flock (1995)

Ceiling to floor white curtains create the different areas - I soon get over the overwhelming desire to pick up pace and flail like a nymph through this ethereal maze of dreams a la Labyrinth, but instead settle down in my white chaise longue for a post-pummel rest. 

Silence wafts through this curtained land. None of us bold enough to utter a sound.
 
Boyfriend and I (he has come along for the ride) float towards the steam room, then recline in our very own cubby hole with TV. We opt for some female wrestling. And the cheese board.
 
On our way out the hotel bar is buzzing. Oh, and if you decide to treat yourself here, take the lift. The interior is, basically, space. Yes. Space. In 3D. A 3D space lift. My inner-child: released. Home we go.

No comments:

Post a Comment